Pinecones.







Whenever we go to the pines, I come home with pinecones. Even on my frequent hikes, I run across them and bring them home. I have a thing for them, always have. As a child, I spent many an hour collecting pinecones. So I suppose it's only a natural progression for me to think of making some, in my particular medium - yarn.

So now. These two pinecones. One different from the other. I’ve fallen in love with them. Each one a labor of love. The cream pinecone is about 5” tall; the brown one is about 3” tall. They do delight me when I look at them sitting in their assigned spots.

When I began the process of making them, I thought it would be fairly simple.

It wasn't all that simple. It took several rewrites before I felt the pattern was working properly. A lot of time involved, and patience. I am very happy with the end results and feel it was well worth the effort. They do take a long time to make though. Did I already mention that?

I plan to make them in all different sizes. Different colors too. I am quite certain there is a small pinecone necklace in my very near future…Let me know if you're interested, dear hearts.


Much love...xo






7 comments:

anca gray said...

adorable doesn't even begin to describe them! super duper cuteness!

Ivy Lane said...

I love these!!! Great housewarming gift idea or fall gift for a hostess... LOVE!!!

Happy Weekend!

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Anca ~ Thank you so much, dear heart! You make my heart sing.

xo

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Ivy Lane ~ You are so delightful and kind! I love the idea of a pinecone housewarming/hostess gift! Brilliant!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, sweetheart.

xo

susie said...

so beautiful

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Susie ~ Thank you so much, lovely lady. You made my day!

xo

Unknown said...

these are darling, i too have a thing for pinecones, i have them in bowls in many spots in the house. the little one and i like to collect them! hope you are well!! xo suz