Blog It Forward - Inspiration

Hello and welcome! Thank you so much for stopping in...I would like to begin this post by thanking beautiful Victoria of sfgirlbybay for her brilliant epiphany, Blog It Forward. She has inspired us all....

Last Friday, the delightful, enchanting Susan of Freshly Picked shared her excellent inspirations. Tomorrow, I look forward to visiting the talented, lovely Lara of from lara and will surely find more wonderfully inspirational thoughts.

My Inspiration...To express what inspires me is a daunting proposition. Everything inspires me in some way. To get a handle on such an all-encompassing concept, I chose to narrow it down and focus this post on what inspires me creatively.

Personally, I am very inspired by the fact that I am my own boss. I'm doing what I love; my work fulfills my creative needs and allows me to express myself completely. It gives me the freedom to design, dream, experience, grow and live creatively. You could say I'm inspired by life.

To get down to basics, my creative inspiration begins with each of my five senses. Our senses have so much power over everything that makes up who we are. Our ability to touch and feel, hear, taste, smell and see can trigger our artistic and creative thoughts so strongly. For me, I have (painfully) narrowed the creative influences for each of my senses down to just a few....


Touch
textures
grainy gritty
smooth hard
soft warm
woven rough
rounded square
jagged weathered




Hearing
sound
rain falling
music playing
soft loud
waves
crashing lapping
birds singing



Taste
food and drink
hot cold
salty spicy
bitter strong
sweet subtle
fresh crisp
buttery smooth


Smell
fragrance
salt air
lush green
pine forest
flowery sweet
dry earth
books paper


Sight
visual
vibrant color
clear focused
shaded blurred
bright light
muted soft
shadows dark


You may have noticed a recurring element. It is possibly the strongest of all for inspiring my senses and my creativity...
the water element.

Thank you again for visiting me.
It's my hope that something here has brought you inspiration.
You're welcome here, in my little corner of the world, anytime...


Today's list of Blog It Forward posts are:

black white yellow
out and about africa
crafty weasel
rikshaw design
sumana
katie*belle
the vintage laundress
miseducated
yellowtrace


Have a beautiful day, lovely friends, and I want you to know that you inspire me every day...xo

Reminder - Tomorrow is my first ever Fringe Giveaway so I hope you'll come say Hello!

28 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

LOVEly!!!

rikshaw design said...

so lovely! and happy i found your blog!

Good Girls Studio said...

You have a such a profound way of expressing yourself. Visiting your blog is inspiring my dearest!

I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

{hugs}
Johanna

Art Wall Katie said...

Beautiful

Amber Renee / Miseducated.com said...

ohhh! i love your blog it forward :D it makes me so excited to see how unique each and every one is! how amazing <3 so happy to meet you! xoxo (miseducated.net)

Unknown said...

what a thoughtful and lovely post my friend. i love the words and the images you used beautifully illustrate your inspirations. xo suz

Risti Megan said...

Thank you for sharing! I love that you're inspired by your senses.

Katie*Belle said...

I love how you focused on the senses. Truly inspirational!

Unknown said...

how cool to use the senses as your source of inspiration, i never thought of that but when you do think about, you realize how true it is. nicely done!

Brenda said...

I loved experiencing your sources of inspiration through your beautifully described senses. *You* are such an inspiration to me!

xoxo Brenda

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! You inspire me.

...and you make me happy...xoxo

Re:Design Technologies said...

Thank you for sharing your inspirations with us! Beautiful! I'm in love with your water images.

Liz said...

Oh, what a great way to present your inspirations! I love the way you managed so many things so simply.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful post! I love your choice of images and the sweet things you said that inspire you. xo

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

This is so beautiful my friend. Beautiful.

from lara said...

so happy to "meet" you too! lovely inspiration :)

Cyn at RiverDog Prints said...

I would love to frame each one of these word/image senses and hang them in a place I could see everyday.

Just beautiful!

24 Corners said...

Between this beautiful, very inspirational post and your "tidbits" post...you've allowed us to discover even more so what a truly unique, talented and special person you are... oh yes, and funny too (that would be the tidbits part)!) xo

laura said...

Oh I love how you did YOUR inspiration post-just lovely! Thanks for visiting (and commenting!) on mine today.

Dennice {Fringe} said...

I am so touched by all of your kind and generous comments! Thank you so much!

It truly is inspiring...

xoxo

redmenace said...

I love your inspirations. How lovely. Thank you for sharing them. You brightened my day!

Liz said...

you inspire. Thank you for sharing what makes you tick. All of the images are lovely. I was particularly struck by this passage you wrote:

"Personally, I am very inspired by the fact that I am my own boss. I'm doing what I love; my work fulfills my creative needs and allows me to express myself completely. It gives me the freedom to design, dream, experience, grow and live creatively. You could say I'm inspired by life."

You have so eloquently and beautifully expressed how I feel too. Thank you for the reminder that it is a blessing that we get to do what we love for a living.

N said...

My goodness! What a beautiful post! I love that you narrowed it down to the senses. After all, that is where experience and inspiration are born. So happy to have found your blog. Blog It Forward was such a great idea! I have all these new blogs to read and catch up on! :)

Natalie xo

Waterrose said...

Wonderful inspiration.

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Ladies, I can't tell you how much your amazing comments mean to me!

Thank you so very much! Hugs all around :)

xoxo

Dita Maulani said...

Really inspiring! Very nice to see collections, rows of inspiration on your blog and this one is very nice (tho i am very late).

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Dita - Thank you so much for leaving your kind comment! It's never too late for a comment as lovely as yours...It's wonderful to hear from you.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey thank you for the wonderful article it had been genuinely useful , I hope you will just publish additional about this ! This topic rocks