Year of the Tiger...

{I took this photo at, you guessed it, the San Diego Zoo}

I think tigers are magnificent creatures. Maybe it’s because I was born in the Year of the Tiger. I’m partial to them. I found this site that will tell you what your animal sign is. Below are the supposed traits of Tiger people, each one is followed by my comments. Please note that I meant for some of my answers to be humorous.

Tiger people are sensitive, given to deep thinking, capable of great sympathy. –
I hope I am. I strive to be all three. The deep thinking can get me into trouble though.

They can be extremely short-tempered, however. –
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Other people have great respect for them, but sometimes tiger people come into conflict with older people or those in authority. –
I try to always treat others with respect (unless they prove to be complete and total jerks which doesn't really happen much). As far as older people (what do they mean by "older people" anyway? That whole statement is just weird) are concerned, I avoid conflict at all costs. Now, those in authority, that’s a whole other story. After all, authority is sometimes meant to be challenged.

Sometimes Tiger people cannot make up their minds, which can result in a poor, hasty decision or a sound decision arrived at too late. –
Sadly, this has been known to be the case from time to time. Like the time my old roommate and I were bored and decided to give each other perms (aka poor, hasty decision). I am notorious for indecision with the little things. The big things I have very definite thoughts on, for the most part.

They are suspicious of others, but they are courageous and powerful. – Suspicious? I don’t think I’m suspicious…why? What have you heard? As for c
ourageous and powerful, I must admit I’ve always wanted to be a superhero. And if any fool messes with my loved ones, they better get ready for a one way ticket to Misery Town, courtesy of Year of the Tiger.

Tigers are most compatible with Horses, Dragons, and Dogs – And where does that leave my darling Ox of a husband, hmmm? By the way, analyzing the accuracy of the traits listed for Year Of The Ox is a whole other post. Just sayin'.

Other interesting Tiger Tidbits...

Ideal jobs for the Tiger include (who comes up with this?); Entrepreneur, Military officer, Politician, Musician, Writer, Poet, Designer, Theatre director, Stockbroker, Athlete, Film star, Trade union leader, Company director, Stunt person, Explorer, Teacher.

Some famous Tigers; Sir David Attenborough, Natalie Wood, Tom Berenger, Agatha Christie, H.G. Wells, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Emily Dickinson, Isadora Duncan, Roberta Flack, Frederick Forsyth, Jodie Foster, Stevie Wonder, Sir Alec Guiness, Hugh Hefner, William Hurt, Dylan Thomas, Marilyn Monroe, Demi Moore, Beatrix Potter.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful, beautiful tiger photo. I am so drawn to how stunning tigers are, although they're also rather frightening looking to me (probably a deeply instinctual response; after all, if you see a real tiger on the street, shouldn't you run?). Or maybe that's because I was born in the year of the rabbit? I loved your comments!

Unknown said...

how fun! i looked up mine and it's monkey! thanks for the insight and laughs! xo