Last day to vote!

,

Hi everyone!  How is your Monday going?  I'm looking forward to a productive week and at the same time I'm sad that Ron is travelling this week.  He's off to Montreal...

Did you know that I entered a creation in the NASA/ Etsy Space Craft?  Well, I did.  I loved every minute of making the ensemble that I entered into the contest.  Today is the last day to vote for your favorite entry.
 
You can vote here

I hope you'll take a moment to vote for your favorite creation.  There are so many spectacular choices!

Here's a glimpse at my entry, Cassiopeia A Supernova Ensemble , along with a snippet of the description:


As an artist who happens to have a degree in science, I found the Etsy/NASA contest quite exciting. Not only is it exciting, it makes perfect sense, in my opinion, to combine art with science in this way.

I believe artists and scientists are very similar in a most basic way. Both need to have a great deal of imagination, an open mind, the heart of an explorer, and big dreams.

“There can be no understanding between the hand and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.”
~ Metropolis (1927)


This ensemble is named after its inspiration, Cassiopeia A Supernova Remnant. Cassiopeia A is the remnant of a once massive star that died in a violent supernova explosion 325 years ago. I have included the inspiring and stunning photograph of her remnant which I found on the NASA website: http://www.nasaimages.org/


Cassiopeia A Color Story:

Blackened plum
Cobalt blue
Black
Rich purple
Navy blue

So, there you have it, lovely friends.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful artists who entered this fabulous contest.  To me, it's not about winning, it's about inspiration.  That's what is truly rewarding for me.

Thank you so much for visiting.
You are my shining stars...xo
.
Pssst...Don't forget about my special sale at Fringe just for my cherished blog readers.  Find out the details here.




;
.



1 comment:

24 Corners said...

Awe D, I'm sorry I missed out on voting...I hope you won because 'your' Cassiopeia is beautiful. How wonderful that you have a degree in science...I knew you were a smart cookie!

Hope your week has been a nice one, it's great that R. is able to travel...good sign.
xoxo J~