Happy Thursday, sweet friends! Recently, I was honored to find that the gorgeous Andrea of Crownology nominated me for a blog award. Thank you so much, Andrea, you are a such a talented, warm, intelligent and all around wonderful person!
Also, I'd like to take a moment and point out the fact that finally someone has designed a Blogger Award image that will go with any blog design. Black and white, so that those of you who are trying to maintain a certain look for your blog, can accept this award without fear of messing up your design. That may sound unimportant, but I think it's worth mentioning. Whoever designed this badge should receive a Beautiful Bloggers Badge Design Award. Just putting it out there...
Here's how it goes. I give you 7 tidbits about me, and then I pass this award on to 7 fabulous bloggers who can continue the cycle. Are you ready? I hope you won't find this too painful, darling readers....
1. Growing up, I had a horse and a pony. Buttons and Zipper, respectively. They were the light of my life. There was no money for a saddle so I rode them bareback. Which was lovely, actually.
2. There are two books in my library that I have read 5 times each. The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara and Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.
3. My husband’s super secret (you won't tell anyone, right?) nickname for me is ApplePumpkinPaper, or APsquared for short.
4. I can’t whistle. Believe me, I’ve tried. If I could whistle like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, my life would be complete. Well, almost. What would really make life complete is to have her whistle skill and her wardrobe from the movie.
5. I can, however, simultaneously cross my eyes, flare my nostrils and make fish lips. Impressive, right? And no, I will not provide photographic proof.
6. I’m terribly allergic to cats and scallops. As a child, I was allergic to strawberries, but thankfully, I outgrew it.
7. I’m the best pincher. I think I could win any battle with my pinching skills. I never pinch girls, but the boys better look out (just big boys, not little ones...I don't want you to think I go around pinching children). If they start to tickle me, tease someone, or generally misbehave, I’ll let loose with the most vicious pinch. Just ask my husband, he lives in fear. I learned this great art of self-defense growing up with an uncle who was only 7 years older than me. He would pin me on the floor and tickle me mercilessly. I mastered my skill out of necessity and turned the tables on him. Oh yeah.
8. I was named after my dad, Dennis Ray. My name is Dennice Rae. The unusual spelling of my first name was the result of an article my mom saw in the newspaper. A wedding announcement. The bride was French and she spelled her name D-e-n-n-i-c-e.
Next, I will list 7 Beautiful Bloggers, in no particular order, and pass the award on to them. If they choose to accept it, they will then list 7 Super Secrets of their own as well as pass this award on to 7 Beautiful Bloggers of their choice. No pressure, lovely 7!
Coeur de La
Lil Fish Studios
Thank you all for visiting...I am always so happy to read your comments...
I hope you have a beautiful day...xo