For Those Left Behind...

raining sunshine by blissful images

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
by Emily Dickinson

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops -- at all

And sweetest -- in the Gale -- is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest Sea
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb -- of Me.


~ To me, the hardest yet best way to honor loved ones lost is to go on living with hope in our hearts. For the survivors and the ones who lost loved ones on 9/11, I wanted to express that in the form of a poem and a photograph....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful thoughts sweet friend. xo

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

one of the only posts for 9.11 I found from the blogs I follow this year...thanks

Mrs.French said...

so honored to be a part of such a beatiful post...thank you dear...xo t