Ardith's Orchid...

One of the items I brought home with me from Ardith's house after she died was an orchid. It was not blooming at the time, didn't even have buds showing. I didn't have much hope that it would in fact bloom under my care, but I couldn't leave it behind. Ardith loved orchids and had wonderful luck with them. I love orchids too, but once the original blooms die, I never get them to survive long enough to bloom again next season. It's a bit of a miracle, or perhaps Ardith's spirit, that the orchid I brought home from her house is blooming magnificently. It's a beautiful daily reminder of the one I miss so much...



4 comments:

paperhill said...

that is so sweet & wonderful. i'm sure it's her way of letting you know she is ok and she's with you in spirit. xo

Leaves of Glass said...

oh honey, what a wonderful post! i'm so glad your dear one's orchid is thriving under your loving care. may it enjoy many more blooming seasons in ardith's honor. love you. xo

Brenda // Phydeaux said...

Oh lovely! And such a beautiful reminder to you about your grandmother's love and spirit! xo

gaffergirls.com said...

hi Kate..
out visiting tonight..
how beautiful...
hope you have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls