Or as John Cleese likes to call them, pet hates. It was John Cleese who gave me the idea for this post. I follow him on Twitter and he asked the question, "What are your pet hates?” Well, as a girl who loves the opportunity to make a list, I felt this was a great list to start. I actually replied to John Cleese via Twitter with a few of my pet peeves. I know, isn't it wild that I could actually contact him in that way? So great!
I didn't think I had many pet peeves until I actually started listing them. Now, when I refer to pet peeves, I am referring to light-hearted pet peeves. I don't mean the tragic kind, like starving children, cruelty to animals, abuse of any kind, bullies. I mean kind of silly ones. So here's my list which I will very likely continue to add to as I think of additional pet peeves. They will most certainly become more obscure and random.
1. Loud talkers
2. Loud eaters
3. Rude drivers
4. The sound of tearing paper (I know I've mentioned this one before)
5. Pompous asses
6. Water spots on my kitchen faucet
7. The word "can't" and/or whiners
8. Aggressive, pushy people
9. People who interrupt you when you're talking (extension of #8)
10. The way my husband stirs the raisins into his oatmeal (I'd never tell him)
11. People who stand super close behind me in line. Grrr.
12. The beer commercials during televised sports events.
13. Reality T.V.
14. The sound of a slamming door.