Classic Movie Pick ~ "Notorious"

Welcome to the first installment of my classic movie picks! My favorite movie genre is most definitely the classics and I thought it would be fun to start a little series of recommendations for my blog visitors. If you aren't familiar with the classics, I hope you will give them a try. There's nothing like a beautifully directed and acted black and white film. I guarantee you will get hooked!







"Notorious" is one of my very favorite movies. I've watched it more times than I can say. This film was made in 1946, directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Ingrid Bergman, Cary Grant and Claude Rains. Cary is at his sexist in this film and Ingrid is gorgeous and irresistable. When you add longing and desire to a mix of foreign intrigue and danger you have a four star movie. Oh yes, one mustn't forget the breathtaking fashion in this film as well...

I hope you will put aside some time to watch this movie which, in my opinion, is as good as it gets. If you do, let me know how you like it.

You can look for the next showing of this film on Turner Classic Movies at http://www.tcm.com/


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to look up when it's on. Sounds wonderful! My dad loves the old classics, I remeber watching Casablanca with him when I still lived at home :)

Brenda said...

LOVE love LOVE Notorious! Ingrid Bergman is always breathtakingly elegant. Cary Grant is always breathtakingly elegant. :) I think he was meant to be my husband, and I was, alas, born a few years too late.

Now I'll look forward to your other movie reviews, because there's nothing quite like a b/w classic!